Sunday 7 December 2008

80 with a bullet

Went to Crouch End to pick up Wenge's car from the garage.  Theo and Roy, who run the garage, are fantastic and we've been using it for years.  My car was serviced last week, but it's shaking at around 65-70 miles per hour, so Theo asked me to see if I could get it through 70 and up to 80 to see what happens.  Could be a bit of a challenge in North London but I'll see what I can do.

Played footie in the afternoon.  Couldn't quite reach 80 on the North Circular.  Good 6-a-side game, but the calf muscle I've been nursing all week went again so I limped through much of the game. Of course when you adjust for one injury you put strain on other parts so I now have a really sore thigh to go with it. 

Had a drink with Soapy, Simon and Nigel, talking about next week's Christmas bash - go karting, followed by football then a Thai restaurant.  Since Soapy and I need to travel across London to get there (and back) he is going to explore the scooterman service - could be fun.

No comments: