Saturday 27 December 2008

On the best of days, on the worst of days, the sun always sets.

I think it's pretty much official - this is the worst Christmas ever. Not only have I been ill since Christmas Eve, with the mother of all sore throats and aching all over, but Rangers lost 0-1 to Celtic earlier today. It's been the least alcoholic Christmas ever, too - not that I'm suggesting the two are related - I haven't had more than three drinks since Wednesday.

So I think I'll just accept this as a time to withdraw, regroup and get ready for the challenges ahead. Starting with a game of Guitar Hero...

1 comment:

Lies said...

Anyone can be sunny, hopeful and full of joy when life's going well. It's an easy thing to dance when the harvest returns from the fields. It's when it's all turning to shit that we find out who we are. I think both Keats and Kippling said something similar. And it was Marradona's uncle who gave him the important lesson when as as child he fell into the town cesspit - 'Diego, keep your head above the shit.'