Sunday 7 December 2008

Thai me up

I arrived home on a cold and wet Friday evening (laden with freebees from work that can be used as stocking fillers - well, credit crunch and all...) and fully expected to spend the night at home, probably catching up with some TV comedy and a nice bottle of wine.  

Instead, Wenge and I decided to go out.  We ate at a (fairly) new Thai restaurant in Muswell Hill.  We've been there a couple of times before, once when it opened and once since, and as well as serving excellent food the service is warm and friendly.  Last time, I asked about the Thai beef salad and the chef came out with some sauce for me to take home so I could try it myself.

The highlight this time was a quite delicious house white from Navarra - I'm not sure what grape it was, but it was dry, flinty and not at all acidic.  Perfect.

No comments: