Monday 29 December 2008

Good times start here

Right, enough of the gloom. I'm still at home, not fully fit yet but on the mend, and planning to go back into the office tomorrow to see what's happening. I fully expect to be made redundant by New Year's Eve, and I don't hold out any hope that I'll get any money from zavvi. But there's nothing I can do about that, so no point in worrying about it.

What I can do is concentrate on doing everything I can to turn this situation into a positive - and that's what I'm going to do. I've had a few contacts with recruiters, including one who - with fantastic timing - contacted me on Christmas Eve shortly after the zavvi announcement. There are opportunities out there - and I intend to find one with my name on it.

If I can find some time over the coming week or so I think I should turn the retail woes to my advantage by buying a new suit - got to look my best for the interviews...

No comments: