Wednesday 17 December 2008

Off to the O2 with Wenge last night to see Coldplay. I'd never been to the O2 before, and I have to say I loved it. It's difficult to describe just how massive it is - like a small village under a round tent. And the concert hall itself is stunning, with great accoustics.

As you'd expect, it was a very good gig. While Coldplay can seem a little dour on disc and video, they're much more fun live, and Chris Martin is an accomplished crowd-pleaser. A highlight was when the band came off stage, walked through the audience, and climbed up to no more than 20 feet from where we were sitting to sing a couple of songs. Wenge was getting a little excitable and if you could see through the hordes of cameras it was pretty cool.

To cap off a fine night, we got on a tube straight away and were home almost within an hour of the finish.

Meanwhile, in the office, the deckchairs of the Titanic are being polished. I've never seen so many conversations taking place in quiet corners or behind closed doors. I need to start having a few of my own. Meantime my Linkedin contacts are growing by the hour ...

1 comment:

Lies said...

I used to rule the world...