Tuesday 13 January 2009

When is a chat an interview?

Out of the blue this morning, I was contacted by the Head of Resourcing for a very large American retailer preparing a move into the UK. He asked me to send my details so we could have a chat.

I'd met with a recruitment agency about a possible role there before Christmas, but it had all gone a bit quiet so I was surprised and delighted to be contacted. Since I'm meeting with two people there I'm going to claim it as my first proper interview. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Arch said...

It's nice to get the name check and I now feel known by 9 people in the blogasphere! The claim re job interview is justified in my books so very well done!I'm pleased to say I've also signed up and am now a melvtopia fan and expect full regular updates! Plus managed to log on a photo - please don't get me involved with face space!!

the optimistic one said...

Well done Arch - I'm proud of you.

Allison said...

Hi Melvin - I had a lovely lunch with Arch and Alan Jones yesterday and Arch sent me your blog details. My glass is now full having enjoyed all of your wonderful words - despite having been made redundant from Paramount at the end of December. My CV is up to date, I've contacted all of the 'right' people and am ready for action! In the meantime I'll log into Melvtopia which is even more fun that Philip and Fern! Lots of love, ALLISON (was Williams, now Watkins - not sure if you knew that!)

Lies said...

Go get 'em tiger.

What would happen if I was travelling in a car at the speed of light and I turned the lights on?

Int: I don't know.

Forget it then, I don't want this job.

thiswasme said...

Good luck Melvis - been meaning to post some updates on my own job search atm. Mt recruiter efforts have largely been about as successful as your (hilarious) job centre visit...