Wednesday 28 January 2009

Getting my Hed round things

So I started at Ministry of Sound today, working with ex-zavvi colleague and good friend Rudy.

I'm there to manage the redesign and relaunch of the Hedkandi website, as well as managing improvements to the Ministry of sound site. Lots of requirements gathering, defining what they really want, and then managing the development team to deliver the various projects.

They gave me a Hedkandi pack of CDs and a canvas of one of their trademark illustrations - so plenty of opportunities to immerse myself in the brand. And they seem like a good bunch of people, so I think I'm going to enjoy my time here. Even though my brain feels a bit full up right now.

I'm excited to be working on such a great brand, and of course I'm relieved to be getting some money in. My challenge, apart from doing a brilliant job and delivering all that's expected of me, is to manage my jobhunting activities while I'm working. After working my way back into a proper job at zavvi, I don't want to slip back into consultancy. But sorting that out can wait till tomorrow. Right now the glass has just been topped up.

1 comment:

Lies said...

Go for it big style - as I'm very sure you will. Nothing comes from nothing.