Tuesday 27 January 2009

What are the chances?


I walked up to Sainsbury's today, and bought the Big Issue from the lady outside. At the same time, I was listening to Bruce Springsteen's new 'Working on a Dream' album (have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed with it so far).

So I opened the magazine at a random page, in the arts section as it happens, and my eyes went straight to the headline of a film review for 'Tokyo Sonata' with a one word summary description: 'Bittersweet'.

At exactly the same time, Bruce was singing the word 'Bittersweet' in a song from the album.

How weird is that?

Readers, has something like this ever happened to you? Why not share your funny stories and weird coincidences by posting a comment below...

2 comments:

Lies said...

Well funny enough I was hanging with Bruce recently, having a few beers in the Stone Pony and he says to me that he's working on an album, hasn't got a title yet but it's going put him right back on top. It's going put him up there with Miley Cyrus and the Sugar Babes. I just looked at him and said, 'Yeah?' and real quiet I said under my breath, 'sounds like you're working on a dream mate.' He looked at me kind of funny and I looked straight back and he runs out without paying the bill. Go figure.

Unknown said...

That is a bit freaky! I have , too , have been listening to the album today (all day!) and I'm on mixed emotions with it! There are some good songs and some not so good songs. I guess, because I am a Springsteen fan, I would still give it some high ratings