Thursday 19 February 2009

zavvi reunion 2

Had a mini-reunion last night at The Endurance pub on Berwick Street (not, as Steve texted me, the Endurance on Beak Street nor, as Stephen texted me, the Endance on Berwick Street). Fortunately I'm a resourceful chap so I got there to be greeted by:

Steve - dapper in black after an interview.

Cathy - who I found out was Welsh.

Stephen - also suited after what sounded like an overly tactile meeting with a recruiter.

Zoe - I can't believe I called her Laura again!

Mel - getting very close to finding out whether she'll be able to stay in the UK or not; my offer of marriage wouldn't solve things apparently (oh, and someone told me that bigamy is still illegal in the UK).

During the course of the evening we were also joined by:

Laura - I didn't get to speak to her but she's obviously got a good new job as she was dressed for business and I overheard talk of City Airport, security and the likes.

Dave - Looking very suave and sophisticated in his black coat and new hair.

And of course Suzanne - straight from work, and managing a couple of drinks before going back home to continue working. Ah the joys of a new job (or in SJ's case, more like two new jobs).

Anyway, a good night was had by all, I believe. I bailed out about 10.00 but even though I didn't have much to drink I still felt pretty rough this morning. I blame poor bar stewardship.

Today I spent pretty much all day with our new development team. Notwithstanding the dilemma I spoke about a couple of days ago, this has the makings of a significant project and it would be good to manage it through. Good experience, lots of learnings and probably good for the CV.

Footie tonight, then more of the same tomorrow - if I can get out of bed in the morning. I'm absolutely knackered...

1 comment:

SuzeJ said...

Not like me to leave after only 2 drinks eh?!