Wednesday 18 February 2009

Lights out

I see from Lee's facebook status that it's officially all over at zavvi. Such a shame for all concerned, but without trying to sound trite, at least there's a chance for closure and for everyone to move on. That's better than it sounds.

The news here isn't so great either. As a result of Trinity Street (Ministry's eCommerce & fulfilment partner) going into Administration on Friday, they've decided to hire a development team and build a new platform. That, coupled with the loss of a substantial amount of money owed for sales, means the P&L has been shot and basically I've been told they can't keep me for longer than a few more weeks at my current rate. So I need to decide:

(a) Do I work as long as I can and then get back to full time jobhunting?
(b) Do I accept an offer to be a full time contractor for a fixed period (maybe 6 months) but at a significantly lower rate (month's notice would allow me to move if a job came along...)
(c) Is there a plan C that would work better?

...and it was looking so good... Ho hum.

No comments: