Monday 16 February 2009

Are we human?

So I got a call from the headhunter that had put me forward for the Ann Summers job. They don't want me back for a second interview. It seems that what they really want is someone with in- depth technical knowledge, and I was too marketing and strategy focused for them. That's fine.


They also thought that my energy levels were quite low, and that I seemed a little laid back about the whole thing. I can't help thinking that that was probably due to (a) the stinking cold I had that day, (b) the two hour journey there and (c) the fact that I'd pretty much decided I didn't want the job by the time I met them. Still, it's something for me to watch out for next time just in case that's not the reason. Maybe I should have taken one of their Golden Root capsules - that would have got the energy levels up...



I was driving back from a weekend with Wenge's family in Leek this morning, and heard that 800 mini workers are to be made redundant. Isn't that illegal, laying someone off just because of their height?


Finally - and beware before you read this last bit, because once you do you'll never be able to listen to the Killers 'Are We Human?' again in the same light - have you noticed how incredibly similar it sounds to Chris de Burgh?


Next time you listen, just imagine Chris De Burgh singing and you'll know what I mean...

No comments: