Wednesday 4 February 2009

Glass half full thinking at zavvi

The word from zavvi is that something is going to happen today, and I take that to mean there will be a buyer for the business. The only realistic type of buyer is one already in the business, which suggests that opportunities for zavvi head office personnel are going to be limited. I guess the main thing is that everyone needs closure, and however painful it is being told it's all over, ultimately it allows you to get on with your life and in the longer term it's better than plodding along in a dying company.

Easy for me to say though - whatever happens I wish everyone well.

On a more positive note, I received this email from someone within zavvi towers (who must remain nameless to protect the innocent). I quote verbatim:
If you're looking for a glass half full example of working at zavvi at the moment it is this; One of the Administrators is quite fabulously attractive. A six foot Mauritian beauty in 4 inch heels. And she sits in my eye line. Awlright.

1 comment:

Lies said...

Yeah. Zavvi. I think YOU need to let it go now. Consign it to your personal history and move on. Stop going to the crying parties. It wasn't the World Health Organisation, it was a little known record shop. Forward not back.