Wednesday 18 March 2009

The IT crowd

Had a drink with John C and Kevin H last night, in an implausably old fashioned pub near Waterloo station. John, of course, is going from strength to strength at Comet, and it was great to hear that Kevin has got a job at a Financial Services company.

It was good to see both of them, although I don't think I'm speaking out of turn if I say that our discussion about PCI compliance was a low point in the evening. There was good stuff as well.

Earlier I saw Steve, who popped into Ministry to talk about some stuff he's working on. It was supposed to be a half hour chat over a cup of coffee - instead we had An Audience With Rudy Tambala.

I had a Roddy Frame day yesterday; all day shuffle on my iPod. Fantastic. The man's a genius.

I'm sad to be missing out on drinks tonight with some of the zavvi crew - I've got a meeting with a headhunter after work then playing football later. Next time.

Anyway, last night on the way to the tube I noticed a woman stop, bend down and pick up a £10 note that was lying on the floor. And then another.

£20 for nothing? Proof that the glass can fill up at any time...

No comments: