Wednesday 20 January 2010

Kids

Parenthood is, as every parent knows, a unique, wonderful and enriching experience. For all of the unconditional love etc. etc. it can, however be a bit one-way especially as children get older.

So it's with great pleasure that I report on two significant firsts over the last few days:

1. Out for a meal at La Bota with Soapy and Fran on Saturday night, instead of having to wait for the bus home we were driven to our door by their daughter. That's real progress and probably fair after the taxi service that all four of us have ran for so many years.

2. Whilst on the subject of daughters, Laura started her first permanent job on Monday. It's probably premature to start thinking about payback, but again it's progress and no doubt she'll want to pay her way and more now that she's earning...

I just need James to get a job as a banker and we're sorted.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Arch said...

Ha ha ha - Payback - I don't think it's measured in money. Certainly not from my experience - I think the odd lift is probably the size of it. We don't get payback just revenge. I remember Bernard Wilks saying when he gets old he wants to be a burden on his kids - thats payback. I wonder if that's what he is doing right now?