Friday 9 October 2009

Criminally good

All this week Wenge and I have been glued to BBC's Criminal Justice. Slow moving, tense and at times harrowing, it's not exactly a barrel of laughs. But there's top class acting from an excellent cast and it's a reminder of what BBC does best. Last episode tonight - can't wait.

Talking of reminders, some of you may have noticed that melvtopia has had a 1984 style spring clean. I was reminded this week that what goes in the blog doesn't necessarily stay in the blog, and that a few of my recent posts have been, let's say, a bit hard-hitting for public comsumption. Thankfully the colleagues who read them had the consideration to tell me and I'm grateful for that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more on the Criminal Justice program. Absolutely brilliant, if somewhat uncomfortable viewing. On the blog entries - I flinched at your last one - but I also appreciate the honesty and openness that's behind what you write. My company has a blog but the guidelines that are behind it basically imply that big brother (legal basically) will be watching everything you say and for that reason I have point blank refused to get involved. I see no point in writing a blog if you are going to be gagged or limited to bland marketing horseshit. So in short - don't lose your cutting edge - its an essential element of successful blogging.